Sunday, May 17, 2009

Vital Lessons!!!

It has been an hell of a ride from 2007 to 2009; referring to my MBA program. Having gone through the journey(Yeah!! Its been a long tiring one) From the time spent I have learnt a lot both academically and also on the non-academic front. The life there at campus was just a snapshot of the actual one which I would face in few months time i.e THE CORPORATE.

Life was a jigsaw puzzle when I set my foot in the campus two years back, missing my kith and kin was the major issue during the initial days. But had to figure someway out, I had to come out of the shell and meet up with the new upcoming challenges. Coming out of the shell itself took a considerable amount of time and to settle with the "Outsiders" took more time than I thought. Academical issues are boring and enraging so I would rather skip them and a universal fact for anyone applying for a PG program : People are ready to stoop down to levels unimaginable to gain unfair advantage, so BEWARE!!!!

The Non-Academic Front, not to worry its not another political front (With the GenElec Results Out!!!). Yeah its the one which has helped a lot in grooming my character, habits etc etc. I would say that, one's character is built through his/her friends, family, environment in which he spends time. And of course my character has been shaped through my friends and family.

With my family out of the equation for the best part of the two years, my friends have been pivotal in the new traits of my personality. With people from different backgrounds/regions around oneself for the best part of a day, one can obtain experiences varying from the best of all to the most bitter of the lot. I have experienced both in various instances which has made me a better person having learnt the lessons from both the good and the bad. For me the good experiences outweigh the bad ones, so I feel lucky in that sense and at the same time feel unlucky that I did not get the opportunity to learn more from more bad experiences.

I feel,the challenges put forth in those two years were nothing as there would be bigger hurdles to cross in the forthcoming years when I set my foot into the world of The Corporate. And I am eagerly waiting for the same, the hunger for facing and solving challenges have risen, and hope the macrocosm satiates me.

2 comments:

Niranjan Maddy said...

gud goin mate... nice blog.... but
ur corporate concerns are uncalled for.. u'll cruise along as we have done over the years of our education.. hehe
i am glad u didnt learn much from me.. hehe.. u know what i mean ..the guzzling and chimney tendencies

Anonymous said...

If you are telling that you have shaped your values from friends around you, OMG, makes me think which friends you are talking about!!! ;)

- Butt