Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Childhood Pranks ;-)

Everyone in their childhood would have caused some kind of trouble to their parents. As a child I also had a share of trouble caused to my parents . Though two of these events were near-to-death experience, these are some events which will be cherished throughout my life and will be closer to my heart.

Starting off, I feel construction of any kind is taboo for me. I was a 4 year old causing enough trouble for my parents during the construction of the current house where I live in. Me and my brother used to visit the construction site everyday either by cycle or walk. One such day, after reaching the construction site my parents then were supervising the finish of the water sump.

As an inquisitive child, I tried too much to gain a sneak peek into the water sump. Finally I did get a look into the empty sump and as a result, I fell into the sump with no construction guy in it to catch me. My parents and my brother were worried as to where I went missing. After some introspection they did find out that I fell into the sump and was hailed out of the same with help from the construction people. I escaped without any injuries that would hamper a 4 yr old. ;-)

Second instance, during the construction of the first floor me and my mother were checking out the flooring, it was ready for the next day's work with the cement made to dry . The window design of the living room in the first floor was of the French type with no work done on except for a big gaping space. The cement was wet and slippery, Mom cautioned me to be careful and as usual did not listen to her.

I thought I heard something from the ground floor, instead of checking out by walking down the stairs, I tried to do something extraordinary by looking out the of the supposed-to-be window. I slipped and fell down to the ground floor. Luckily I was saved by a creeper which we were growing and fell onto the bricks. I was unconscious for sometime till I reached the hospital. If there was no plant there, I would have been heading towards either hell or heaven. After that fall, the creeper died and had to remove it. It had served it purpose on this world!!

Coming to a funnier instance that has happened, before the construction of the house we were living in a colony. The house where we lived was a small one and a cramped one also. As a small child and even now I have a craving for cough syrup, I was mad about it. One day I decided to reach for the ultimate goal. Having learnt of my craving for the cough syrup, my mother kept the bottle somewhere where I cannot reach. But I still persisted to pursue towards the syrup bottle. The bottle was kept on the top of a bureau.

I climbed onto the bed, then jumped onto the table which was nearby and then reached out for the bottle on the bureau. Like a person having found water in a scorching desert, I was elated to the same effect. I started drinking it as F1 drivers drink their champagne after winning the race and I was happy having reached my ultimate goal. My mom found me finishing the bottle and was rushed to the hospital to remove the tonic I had drunk. I found out later that I had not been drinking the cough syrup I had aimed for, rather was drinking a tonic which is used for treating skin allergies. Ultimately I failed in my quest to drink the elixir. :-(

I Think I have caused enough troubles as a child to my parents. Even now I am no short of creating any trouble, I still have the potential to do the same. ;-)

2 comments:

AbhiramRD said...

That was a amazing blog.. keep it up.

Beulah said...

nice and interesting to read